Birford Cable & Harness has over 30 years experience.
Birford Cable & Harness Ltd was formed in 1978 as a simple cable preparation company. Over the last 30 years the company has evolved through investment and training in to an ISO assured manufacturer of quality wiring harnesses and sub-contract assemblies.
In November 2016 we are pleased to announce that we have now been accredited to the latest ISO9001-2015 Quality Management Standard.
Birford is ideally located to service the whole of the UK.
We offer KANBAN delivery service to many Customers through our own transport and all other deliveries are made through our partnership with UPS, the approved logistics company to the 2012 Olympic Games.
Our investment in capital equipment has resulted in us remaining competitive in terms of price and allows us to offer very short lead times.
We produce all of our products to customer specification and requirements
Technical advice at the design stage is offered in an effort to ensure the customers requirements are produced at the most competitive price possible.
1. Cut and prepared leads
- Simple cut and stripped lead, Single core, Multicore, PVC, Silicone, Rubber, PTFE,
- Cut, strip and terminated lead. Terminals from JST, TYCO, Molex, Grote & Hartmann, Fujitsu, Deutsch, Hirose
- Cut, strip, terminated and tinned lead. Tinned leads from fully automated process
3. Special Applications
- Sub-Contract Assembly / Added value work. Ranges from basic soldering to micro switches up to full product assembly and test
- Re-work of Mains cords. A lot of Customers who purchase volume cord sets from the far east choose to have a standard cord set reworked to their specification.
2. Cable Harness / Wiring Loom
- Secured using cable ties fitted with automatic cable tie machines.
- Fitted through, PVC tubes, convolute tube, silicone tube, silicone glass impregnated tube, spiral wrap.
- Assembled using jig boards made by in-house tool shop.
4. Cable Harness / Wiring Loom
- Birford’s technical solutions department can design, specify purchase and assemble any combination of cable and Harnesses to exacting customer standards, this can include chassis forming, purchasing bulk products or working with free issue cable sets.
Birford Cable & Harness are Quality Assured
Birford work closely with Customers in a number of industries Mobility, Heating and fires, Cooking, LED Lighting, Point of Sale Cabinets, Electronic Lockers, PCB manufacturers, Traffic signs. In order to supply to these industries we have to be ISO approved. In November 2016 we were proud to be accredited with the new ISO9001-2015 standard. This will allow us to continue to supply cables, wiring harnesses and bulk microswitches into these and other leading market sectors.